CityofFina
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Free Men Red Savages

Go down

Free Men Red Savages Empty Free Men Red Savages

Post by Guest Sat May 04, 2013 10:18 pm

Blood Brothers

Cuwignaka's knife moved on his own forearm, and then on mine, and then on Hci's.
"You cannot be a member of the Sleen Soldiers of the All Comrades," had said Hci, "for you are not Kaiila, and you do not know our dances and mysteries, the contents of our medicine bundles."
"There is another thing," had said Cuwignaka, "which can be done."
"Do it," had said Hci.
Cuwignaka held his arm to mine, and then I held my arm to that of Hci, and then Hci, in turn, held his arm to that of Cuwignaka. Thus was the circle of blood closed.
"It is done," said Cuwignaka.
"Brothers," I said.
"Brothers," said Hci.
"Brothers," said Cuwignaka."
"Blood Brothers of Gor" page 475

Go to Top

Clothes

"The Red Savages, as you may not know," Said Grunt to me, though doubtless he was speaking primarily for the benefit of the Hobarts, "Are rather strict about the privilege of wearing the breechclout."
"Oh?" I said.
"Yes," Said Grunt. "It is not permitted to Women, even to their own women, nor, of course, is it permitted to slaves."
"I understand," I said. The breechclout of the Barrens, incidentally, consistes of a single piece of narrow material. This may be of tanned skin but, not unoften, is of soft cloth. It is held in place by a belt or cord. It commonly goes over the belt or cord in the back, and down and between the legs, and then comes up, drawn snuglytightm, over the belt or cord in the front. In cooler weather it is often worn with leggings and a shirt. In warmer weather, in camp, it is uually the only thing that a male will wear.
"For a slave, or a prisoner, to wear a breechclout might be regarded as pretentious or offensive," Said Grunt, "an oversight or indiscretion calling for Torture or, say, for being set upon by boys on Kaiila, with war clubs."
"Savages of Gor" pages 165/6

"Look," said Grunt, pointing to the right.
A rider, a red savage, was approaching rapidly. He wore a breechclout and moccasins. About his neck was a string of Sleen claws. There were not reathers in his hair and neither he nor his animal wore paint. Too he did not carrry lance and shield. He was not on the business of war. He did have a bowcase and quiver, at the thong on his waist was a beaded sheath, from which protruded the hilt of a trade knife.
“It is Hci,” said Cuwingaka."
"Blood Brothers of Gor" page 9

"Indeed, sometimes a young fellow will have his hair greased and braided, and will dress himself in finery and paint, and simply ride about camp, parading, in effect, before his fellow villagers, and, in particular, the maidens. This perhaps somewhat vain but surely splendid sight is not usual in a camp."
"Blood Brothers of Gor" page 19

"I drew on my tunic and slipped into my moccasins."
"Blood Brothers of Gor" page 23

"The breechclout does not make manhood, said Canka. It is only a sign of manhood. That is why we do not permit those to wear it who are not men."
"Savages of Gor" page 323

"He looked very splendid in his paint and feathers, with the lance astride the kaiila. She pressed her lips to his moccasin then his ankle kissing him softly. Then she looked up at him an backed away, his stripped save for the beaded collar knotted at her throat."
"Savages of Gor" page 317

"He wore breechclout and moccasins. About his neck was a necklace of sleen claws. His long hair was braided. He carried his bow, not yet strung, and a quiver of arrows , at his left hip. On his belt, that holding the breechclout, there was a knife, in a beaded sheath."
"Blood Brothers of Gor" page 52

"But the young man clearly, the lance grasped in his hand, high on his lofty kaiila, in his breechclout and paint, was not moved."
"Savages of Gor" page 316

"Toward noon," said Kog, slowly turning the hide, "we see that the weather has cleared. The wind has died down. The snow has stopped falling. The sun has emerged from the clouds. We may conjecture that the day is bright. A rise in temperature has apparently occured as well. We see that the man has opened his widely sleeved hunting coat and removed his cap of fur."
"Savages of Gor" page 41

"Most Gorean males, and their slaves, incidentally, not merely the males of the red savages, commonly sleep naked. If the girl is permitted a sleeping garment it is commonly short, front-opening, and fastened with a single tie." Blood
"Blood Brothers of Gor" page 49

Go to Top

Body Paintings

"On its nose were red lines, coup marks, matching those on the warrior's legs. Its eyes were outlined with wide circles of black paint. On its left forequarter was drawn a zigzag line, indicating lightning. On its right forequarter there were five inverted "U's." Its right ear bore a V-shaped notch. On its left flank there was an opaque red circle with a waving red line descending from it also on the left flank, and on the right flank, too, there was a black, horizontal line, with a semicircular, curved blue line above it. The coup marks and the inverted "U's" were exploit markings. The inverted "U's" indicated kaiila stolen from the enemy, the mark itself being a stylized convention whose heritage, I did not doubt, might be traced back to another animal, and another world and time. The circles painted about the eyes and the line of lightning on the left forequarter were signs in the medicine of war. The medicine use of the circles was to enable the beast to see clearly and far and that of the line to impart to its motion something of the same suddenness, the same swiftness and power, as attends the movement of lightning, that dread natural phenomenon, itself. The opaque circle with the wavy line descending from it was a wound mark, the location of the mark indicating a former wound site, the redness standing for blood, of course, and the descending line for bleeding. I did not know the meaning of the notched ear, if it had a meaning, or of the other marks on the animal's flanks."
"Savages of Gor" page 260

Back to top Go down