CityofFina
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Free Women, Children, and slaves

Go down

Free Women, Children, and slaves Empty Free Women, Children, and slaves

Post by Guest Sat May 04, 2013 10:19 pm

Status

"I did not know if Bloketu would be permitted into the council or not. Normally women are not permitted in such places. The red savages, though often listening with great attention to their free women, and according them great honor and respect, do not choose to relinquish the least bit of their sovereignty to them. They will make the decisions. They are the men. The women will obey."
"Blood Brothers of Gor Book" Page 199

"Iwoso, for her part in the attack, would now be an important woman among the Yellow Knives. A woman of such importance, of course, should have her own maiden."
"Blood Brothers of Gor Book" Page 231

Go to Top

Courting

“If you wish to court Iwoso,” said Bloketu, “you may come to the lodge tonight and sit outside, cross-legged, playing the love flute. I will then decide whether or not I will permit my maiden to leave the lodge.” “You have not yet taken away her leggings, nor put her in a short dress and collar,” said Hci. “It is not necessary to follow Iwoso about like a panting sleen,” said Bloketu. “It is not for such a purpose that I follow her,” said Hci. “If I want her, I will come to your lodge. I will offer a kaiila for her and bring a rope.”
"Blood Brothers of Gor Book" Page 84

Go to Top

Wives

“Mahpiyasapa is not here,” said the woman, kneeling near his lodge, one of his wives. Her gnarled fingers held a bone scraper. She was sharpening the scraper on a stone in front of her. On the scraper there were six dots. It has been used for six years. Two of her fingers had been cut ff at the first joint. She had lost two sons."
"Blood Brothers of Gor Book" Page 194

Go to Top

FW Work

"The Dust-Leg woman turned away from her and came over to where I sat behind the blanket. She beamed at me. The Dust Legs, on the whole, are an affable, openhearted and generous people. They tend to be friendly and outgoing.
"Hou," said the woman to me, kneeling before the blanket.
"Hou," said I to her.
It is difficult not to like them. Most trading is done with them. They tend to be the intermediaries and diplomats of the western Barrens.
The woman opened a rectangular hide envelope, a parfleche, slung on a strap over her shoulder. In it were various samples of beadwork and some small skins. She put some of these things on her edge of the blanket.
"Hopa," I said, admiringly. "Hopa."
She beamed, her teeth strong and white in her broad, reddish-brown face.
She pointed to a small mirror, with a red-metal rim. I handed it to her."
"Savages of Gor" page 213

“Hurry, hurry, lazy slave!” I heard. I heard then the hiss of a switch and a girl, carrying two skins of water, cry out in pain. She was a white female slave. She was naked, collared, red-haired and large-bosomed. She belonged to Mahpiyasapa. One of Mahpiyasapa’s wives, with a switch in her gnarled, mutilated hand, the woman with whom I had once spoken outside of his lodge before the attack on the summer camp, was supervising her in her duties."
"Blood Brothers of Gor Book" Page 471

"Many women of the red savages, in spite of the wishes of their men, do not approve of such soft, curvaceous, desirable trade goods being brought into the Barrens."
"Savages of Gor" page 213

Go to Top

FW and slaves

"The red-haired girl cried out in pain and fear, struck from her knees back in the grass by the plump, scornful woman of the red savages, a sturdy-legged matron of the Dust Legs. She looked up at her in terror. Slave girls know that they have most to fear from free women."
"Savages of Gor" page 212

"She had been very helpful. I did not think that I would have managed as well had I been a white female slave. Had I been such she might have put me to labors or kept me on my belly, in the dirt, my mouth filled with dirt, before her, for hours. Women of the red savages bear little affection towards the lovely white properties of thier men. White slave girls will often flee at the mere approach of a red female and will almost never meet the eyes of one."
"Blood Brothers of Gor Book" Page 194

Go to Top

Clothes

"Women, too, in thier shirtdresses and knee-length leggings, and beads, bracelets and armbands, and colorful blankets and capes, astride their kaiila, riding as red savages ride, participated in this barbaric parade."
"Blood Brothers of Gor Book" Page 25/6

"The standing girl, to whom Cuwignaka had spoken, had come with the Isanna. She had come walking at stirrup of the mounted girl. She wore a rather plain shirtdress, with knee-length leggings and moccasins. Her braided hair was tied with red cloth. There were glass beads about her neck. She was quite lovely. The girl on the kaiila, too, was very lovely, indeed, perhaps even more lovely than she afoot. but her beauty, in any event, was much enhanced by her finery. Her dress was a soft-tanned hide, almost white, fringed into which, about the breasts and shoulders, were worked intricate patterns of yellow and red beading. Her leggings and moccasins were similarly decorated. Her braided hair, glossy and long, was bound with silver string. Two golden bracelets adorned her left wrist. She wore two necklaces of beads, and another on which were threaded tiny, heavy tubes and pendants, spaced intermittently, of silver and gold. Across her forehead hung a tiny silver chain on which were tiny silver droplets."
"Blood Brothers of Gor Book" Page 28

Go to Top

Face Paint

"Usually, among the Kaiila, it is free women who are permitted face paint, and then, commonly only at times of great festivals. This paint is commonly applied by the woman's mate."
"Blood Brothers of Gor" page 118

Go to Top

Hairdo

"Her hair, sometimes braided, was now, as usual, unbraided. She, like most other girls, whether of the red savages or not, wore it long and loose. Among the red savages, of course, free women commonly braid their hair. The lack of braiding, thus, usually, draws an additional distraction between slaves and free women of the red savages. The most common distraction, of course, is skin color, the slaves almost always being white and the free persons almost invariably being red."
"Blood Brothers of Gor" page 69

Go to Top

Children

"Some of these rode kaiila to which travois were attached. Some had cradles slung about the pommels of their saddles. These cradles, most of them, are essentially wooden frames on which are fixed leather, open-fronted enclosures, opened and closed by lacings, for the infant. The wooden frame projects both above and below the enclosure for the nfant. In particular it contains two sharpened projections at the top, like picket spikes, extending several inches above the point where the baby’s head will be located. This is to protect the infant’s head in the event the cradle falling, say, from the back of a running kaiila. Such a cradle will often, in such a case, literally stick upside down in the earth. The child, then, laced in the enclosure, protected and supported by it, is seldom injured.
Such cradles, too, vertically, are often hung from a lodge pole or in the brances of a tree. In the tree, of course, the wind, in is rocking motion, can lull the infant to sleep."
"Blood Brothers of Gor" page 26

"Older children often ride on the skins stretched betwen travios poles. Sometimes their fathers or mothers carry them before them, on the kaiila. When a child is about six, if his family is well-fixed, he will commonly have his own kaiila. The red savage, particularly the males, will usually be a skilled rider by the age of seven."

"Children, too, I noted, those not in cradles, greased, their hair braided, their bodies and clothing ornamented, in splendid finery, likeminiature versions of the adults, some riding, some sitting on the skins stretched between travois poles, participated happily and proudly, or bewilderedly, in this handsome procession."

Go to Top

Back to top Go down