CityofFina
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

kalana of gor

Go down

kalana of gor Empty kalana of gor

Post by Guest Sat May 04, 2013 9:05 pm

Ka-la-na ~
Ka-la-na is a red alcoholic drink much like Earth's red wine, fermented from the fruit of the ka-la-na tree. It is served in a goblet, chilled or room temperature; stored in bottles in the coldroom or botas near the hearth.

** Cyberism **
Rumored that if served in a silver goblet, will turn the liquid into poison.

One girl held our head back, and others, from goblets, gave us wines, Turian wine, sweet and thick, Ta wine from the famed Ta grapes, from the terraces of Cos, wines even, Ka-la-nas, sweets and drys, from distant Ar.
{Tribesmen of Gor, page 213}

"Serve me wine," he said. I turned and, among the furnishings of the tent, found a bottle of Ka-la-na, of good vintage, from the vineyards of Ar, the loot of a caravan raid. I then took the wine, with a small copper bowl, and a black, red-rimmed wine crater, to the side of the fire. I poured some of the wine into the small copper bowl, and set it on the tripod over the tiny fire in the fire bowl. He sat cross-legged, facing me, and I knelt by the fire, facing him. After a time I took the copper bowl from the fire and held it against my cheek. I returned it again to the tripod, and again we waited. I began to tremble. "Do not be afraid, slave," he said to me. "Master!" I pleaded. "I did not give you permission to speak," he said. I was silent. Again I took the bowl from the fire. It was now not comfortable to hold the bowl, but it was not painful to do so. I poured the wine from the small copper bowl into the black, red-rimmed wine crater, placing the small bowl in a rack to one side of the fire. I swirled, slowly, the wine in the wine crater. I saw my reflection in the redness, the blondness of my hair, dark in the wine, and the collar, with its bells, about my throat. I now, in the fashion of the slave girl of Treve, held the wine crater against my right cheek. I could feel the warmth of the wine through the side of the crater. "Is it ready?" he asked. A Master of Treve does not care to be told that his girl thinks it is. He wishes to be told Yes, or No. "Yes," I whispered. I did not know how he cared for his wine, for some Men of Treve wish it warm, others almost hot. I did not know how he wished it. What if it were not as he wished it! "Serve me wine," he said. I, carrying the wine crater, rose to my feet and approached him. I then knelt before him, with a rustle of slave bells, in the position of the pleasure slave. I put my head down and, with both hands, extending my arms to him, held forth the wine crater. "I offer you wine, Master," I said.
{Captive of Gor, page 331}

Yes! It would be the one that would be red with ka-la-na ...
{Tarnsman of Gor, page 79}

... drops of a red, winelike drink made from the fruit of the Ka-la-na tree.
{Tarnsman of Gor, page 68}

... kicking from my path a ka-la-na container, splashing the fermented red liquid across the stone surface.
{Tarnsman of Gor, page 79}

The ka-la-na thicket was yellow in the distance ...
{Captive of Gor, page 250}

Aphris got up and fetched not a skin, but a bottle, of wine, Ka-la-na wine, from the Ka-la-na orchards of great Ar itself.
{Nomads of Gor, page 15}

I went to his locker near the mat and got out his Ka-la-na flask; taking a long draught myself and then shoving it into his hands. He drained the flask in one drink and wiped his hand across his beard, stained with the red juice of the fermented drink.
{Tarnsman of Gor, page 168}

Back to top Go down