CityofFina
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sul Paga of Gor

Go down

Sul Paga of Gor Empty Sul Paga of Gor

Post by Guest Sat May 04, 2013 9:10 pm

This alcoholic beverage made from suls is like an extremely potent vodka on Earth. It is not exported from the Peasant Villages in which it is distilled. On occasion, some may be taken in a raid, but it is not likely that the raiders will manage to stock themselves. Therefore, it may be hard to find elsewhere; served in cups or goblets, room temperature only.

Sul paga, as anyone knew, is seldom available outside of a peasant village, where it is brewed. Sul paga would slow a tharlarion. To stay on your feet after a mouthful of Sul paga it is said one must be of the peasants, and then for several generations. And even then, it is said, it is difficult to manage. There is a joke about the baby of a peasant father being born drunk nine months later.
{Slave Girl of Gor, page 414}

Sul paga is, when distilled, though the sul itself is yellow, as clear as water.
The sul is a tuberous root of the sul plant; it is a Gorean staple. He could have
been commenting only on the potentcy of the drink, for Sul paga is almost tasteless. One does not guzzle Sul paga.
{Slave Girl of Gor, page 134}

My master extended his cup to me, and I, kneeling, filled it with Sul paga.
I pressed my lips to the cup, and handed it to him. My eyes smarted. I almost
felt drunk from the fumes.
{Slave Girl of Gor, page 134}

Back to top Go down