CityofFina
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sharing Salt

Go down

Sharing Salt Empty Sharing Salt

Post by Guest Sat May 04, 2013 9:20 pm

Men of regions that are traditional enemies (here Torvaldsland and Port Kar), having respect for one another, agree to be friends and share salt "Your city," he asked, "what is it?" "You may think of me," I had said, "as one of Port Kar." "Very well," said he, "but I think we shall not make a great deal of that, for the men of Port Kar are not overly popular in the north." "The men of Torvaldsland," I assured him, "are not overly popular in the south." "The men of Port Kar, however," said the Forkbeard, "are respected in the north." "The men of Torvaldsland," I told him, "are similarly respected in the south." Gorean enemies, if skilled, often hold one another in high regard. "You play Kaissa well," had said Ivar Forkbeard. "Let us be friends." "You, too, are quite skilled," I told him. Indeed, he had much bested me. I still had not fathomed the devious variations of the Jarl’s Ax’s gambit as played in the north. I expected, however, to solve it. We had shaken hands over the board. "Friend," he had said. "Friend," I had said. We had then tasted salt, each from the back of the wrist of the other.
~ Marauders

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum