CityofFina
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Free Men Clothing

Go down

Free Men Clothing Empty Free Men Clothing

Post by Guest Sat May 04, 2013 9:19 pm

Tunics

Note that we don't see pants, trousers, or "leathers" among the men of cities. The belted tunics and sandals likely look something like the tunic.

On a Warrior in Koroba
I was clad in some sort of tunic of a reddish color, which was tied at the waist with a yellow cord. ~ Tarnsman

I shook the thought from my aching head, made an unsuccessful effort to muster a decent sense of shame, failed, and was belting my tunic when the Older Tarl entered the room. ~ Tarnsman

I opened the leather bundle. In it I found the scarlet tunic, sandals and cloak which constitute the normal garb of a member of the Caste of Warriors. ~ Outlaw

On a Scribe in Koroba
Torm was of slight build and reminded me of an angry bird which enjoys nothing so much as scolding squirrels. His blue robes were worn through in a dozen spots, only two or three of which had been ineptly attacked by thread. One of his sandals had a broken strap that had been carelessly knotted back together. ~ Tarnsman

I was honoured that the little scribe had separated himself from his beloved scrolls long enough to share my happiness, only that of a warrior. He was wearing a new robe and sandals, perhaps for the first time in years. ~ Tarnsman

On a Tavern Proprieter, of the Merchant Caste, in Ar
The Assassin turned to the man in a black apron, a fat, grimy man, who wore a soiled tunic of white and gold, stained with sweat and spilled paga. ~ Assassin

On a Vintner in Ar
"Game!" I heard, an answering cry, and a fat fellow, of the Caste of Vintners, puffing and bright eyed, wearing a white tunic with a representation in green cloth of leaves about the collar and down the sleeves of the garment, stepped forth from a doorway. ~ Assassin

On a Man of the Caste of Thieves
The man, who wore a simple dark tunic and sandals, dropped out to the ground. His hair was dark and clipped short; his face intelligent, but hard. On his right cheek, over the cheekbone was the Thief brand of the Caste of Thieves of Port Kar, who use the small brand to identify their members. "Look," said the man to Cernus, leading him about the side of the ship. ~ Assassin

On Warriors in the employ of a Slaver Caravan
The men, saving the one called Targo, wore tunics, with helmets. They looked rather frightening. The opening in the helmets reminded me vaguely of a "Y". the swords they carried in scabbards slung over their left shoulder. They wore heavy sandals, laced with thick straps, more than a foot up their leg. Several of them, besides the small swords, carried a knife as well, this attached to a leather belt. They wore pouches also at the belt. ~ Captive

In Port Kar
One of the guards fetched Rim a tunic, and he drew it on his body. He belted the broad belt, with its large buckle. He shook his shaggy black hair. ~ Hunters

The tunics of sea men, entering Lydius
I did not, on nearing Lydius, fly the flag of Bosk, that bearing the head of a bosk, black, across a field of vertical green bars, the famous flag of Bosk, from the Marshes.
I did not wish to be recognized. I, and Rim and Thurnock, wore the simple tunics of seamen. ~ Hunters

The tunic of Tyros
He stood alone, high on the beach, his sandals on its pebbles, a lonely figure. He was unshaven. The tunic of Tyros, once a bright yellow, was now stained and tattered.
~ Hunters

The men in the tunics of Tyros threw their yellow caps into the air and cheered, and splashed water on one another, laughing. The forest was behind them. They had come safely to the sea. In the darkness of the forest, I smiled.
~ Hunters

Sandals

On Marlenus, even in a cave in the Voltai mountains
One of the tarnsmen of Marlenus thrust his hand in my hair and forced my lips down to his sandal. I forced my head up and kept my back straight, my eyes granting my captor no satisfaction. I knelt on the granite floor of a shallow cave in one of tha Voltai peaks, a sheltered fire on each side of me. Before me, on a rough throne of piled rocks, sat Marlenus, his long hair over his shoulders, his great beard reaching almost to his sword belt. ~ Tarnsman

On a Warrior in a storm, on the road to Tharna
I continued forward and stood where it had struck. In spite of the icy wind and rain I could feel the heat of the stones through my sandals. I raised my eyes to the storm, and my spear and shield, and shouted into the storm, a defiant puff of wind hurled against the forces that seemed arrayed against me. ~ Outlaw

On a Peasant in Tharna
On market day I saw a peasant, his sack of Sa-Tarna meal on his back, whose sandals were tied with silver straps.
~ Outlaw

Boots

In addition, the mounted warriors inevitably wear a high, soft pair of boots called tharlarion boots. These protect their legs from the abrasive hides of their mounts. When a tharlarion runs, its hide could tear the unprotected flesh from a man's bones. ~ Tarnsman

Talena blushed and lowered her face, rubbing vigorously on the leather of my tharlarion boots. ~ Tarnsman

Captain of the Palms of Schendi
A closely woven red aba (cloak) Ankle-length white robe, loosely sleeved All eyes turned toward the back. A tall man stood there, lean and black. He wore a closely woven seaman’s aba, red, striped with white, which fell from his shoulders; this was worn over an ankle-length, white robe, loosely sleeved, embroidered with gold, with a golden sash. In the sash was thrust a curved dagger. On his head he wore a cap on which were fixed the two golden tassels of Schendi. ~ Explorers

Tribal men are commonly bare-armed
“Are you armed?” asked Msaliti, both in the inland speech, some of which I had learned-from Ayari, and in Gorean.
“Why, yes,” I said pleasantly, revealing the sleeve sheath, and handing him the dagger. For an instant, just an instant, I saw in the eyes of Msaliti a flash of incredible fury. Then he nodded, and accepted the dagger, which he handed to an askari. I showed the sleeve sheath to Bila Huruma, who was interested in it. Such sheaths are common in the Tahari but, in the equatorial interior, where men are commonly bare-armed, I gathered they were an interesting novelty. ~ Explorers

Back to top Go down